Thursday, April 09, 2020

First Daughter - Dad Walk


Happy Little critters fluttered
In my tummy
As I reached out
And took her hand.

Cars hummed their murmuring song
As they passed us by.
Busses sang the bass,
Rumbling, and spewing
Their diesel aroma
In billows of black smoke.

Jin Sook blinked nervously
As she took my hand.
A few wispy clouds
Waved hello.

I tightened my grip
And pulled her ahead of me
By a couple of steps.

She cocked her head,
looking back at me,
Unsure of what would come next.
We had only met
a few moments earlier.

My feet pushed off
the concrete sidewalk.
A smile so big,
So happy,
filled my tummy
With warm milk,
Or so it seemed.

I ran ahead of her
Still holding her hand
And then I pulled her ahead of me
Yet, again.
And the game began.

The two of us beaming smiles
And then giggling
As our feet danced
And stopped waiting for
The next pull forward.

Her smile widened
As we ran down the sidewalk
Along the cars and busses
Me, holding our new daughter’s Hand.

She, holding a nice man’s Hand
and hoping
That this will work out fine
And maybe,
Just maybe,
He will be a fun
new Apah
For her.