Saturday, April 04, 2020

GRIEF BITES


Jeremy’s gold ring glistens
As the sun kisses it with its rays.
And then
Grief crawls up my spine,
Wrapping his fleshy
legs over my shoulders.
I’m here, he whispers,
As if his flabby thighs
Rubbing against my ears
And cheeks

Isn’t making it
Unwantedly obvious.
BASTARD!
What do you want?

His thighs loosen their grip.
I’m feeling lonely.
I know you understand.

Screw you!
I don’t care
That you are lonely.

He slithers down
Around my torso.
He cuddles his face
Against my chest,
And BITES hard.
SHIT!
What the fuck!

He rubs the bite
With his fat hands.
I had to.
I told you I am lonely.
I am hungry, too.

I slump to the floor.
Tears drip over my cheek.
I don’t mean to hurt you.
Not really.
I just wanted a little,
A little nibble
Just to let you know
That I miss him, too.

I wipe the tears
With the back of my hand.
But you took him!
You bastard!

He strokes my chest
Irritating the bite.
NO! I didn’t.
Death took him.
Not me.

I straighten my back
And clench my teeth.
Then why did you bite
Me?

I told you I’m hungry
And lonely.
If I can’t have him,
I’ll have you.




No comments: