Sunday, February 02, 2020

Magic Is Who He Wants


It be 43 years back when me son, Jeremy, answered the phone. "The man on the phone wants to talk to Magic. I think he's got the wrong number."
I held out me hand for the phone. It be one of me shipmates. A nice chat we had, talking about old times
 on the ship and current events.

When I hung up the phone, me little Jeremy squished his little face. "Why did he call you, magic? I never saw you do magic tricks."
A big smile warmed me face. "I don't do tricks. I do real magic," I said to him.
"Real magic?" he be asking with his wee little mind trying to figure out what his dad be talking about.
"I use the magic in me finger, here," I said as I pointed to him with me right-hand index finger.
"What kind of magic can you do with it?"
I wiggled it at him, and said, "I can make you laugh."
He ran away from me, laughing and saying, "That's not fair!"


No comments: