Sunday, October 04, 2020

Salt Spray Invitations

 


Salt Spray Invitations

By Mushroom Montoya

 

La Mar sends me salt spray

Invitations,

Love notes for my nose

To read.

 

Sunshine sparkles on tree leaves

All around me.

Wind shakes them and pretends

They are white gloved wavelets,

 

Beckoning me to

Dance on the seashore,

Barefooted and

Barelegged,

 

So, La Mar can hug me,

And soothe

My broken heart.

 

Salty moist breezes

Whisper her song,

"I didn't feed all his ashes

To the fish and clams.

 

I saved a few.

Come to me

With an open heart.

I shall place his smile

Deep inside you."

 

Salty tears slide over my cheeks,

Onto my bare feet.

My toes twitch and whine.

They prefer saltwater

From the sea,

 

Rather than the salt laden grief,

Pouring out of me.

 

To La Mar I'll go

To be soothed and blessed.

To say hello to our son

Forever swimming

With La Mar.

 

No comments: