Saturday, January 13, 2018

Mary's Payback

My sister, Mary, wrote the following post about one of her "payback" experiences with our mom, the prankster. 
Being a prankster is a family trait.

There she was in the backyard engrossed in a book, oblivious the world. I never had an opportunity like this. The dozens of times my mother had doused me with the hose when I had been enjoying the sunshine, reading, sunbathing and listening to music. I had gone as far as hiding out on the roof but she would find me with that stream of cold water and now, now revenge would be mine!
I couldn't go out the sliding screen or she would hear me so I ran through the house to the laundry room where there was another door to the backyard. Slowly I eased the door open and crawled inch by inch to the spigot, my heart hammering in my chest. I kept glancing at her, praying she wouldn't notice me. I felt the nervous giggles bubbling up. NO! I bit the inside of my mouth to keep them down. I finally made it and reached to turn it on. Please don't squeak. I turned the handle in millimeters while darting glances at my mother every couple of seconds. I needed the water full blast to make this worth it. At last I had my weapon.
I jumped up with a triumphant shout and soaked my mom from head to toe. She let out a blood curdling scream and the book went flying. I dropped the hose and ran through the sliding screen door into the living room. "Haha I got you"! I yelled as I slammed the door shut. She stood with the hose in her hand and smirked at me. I saw the gleam in her eyes and suddenly I went cold with fear. "You can't come in here, you will get the carpet all wet" She got a big grin on her face and grabbed the door "It's my house"! My mom chased me into the house with the hose!
Later that day my dad asked why the carpet was all wet. We just looked at each other and laughed.

No comments: