Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sacred Moment - Synchronicity - Little Bird




Sacred Moment

Synchronicity

Little Bird
I looked up at the clear blue expanse of sky this morning as I swam a modified back stroke in the outdoor university pool. I thanked Father Sky for protecting Mother Earth and for bringing us the Sun, the Moon, the Stars, the Clouds, the Rain, and the wind. I thanked the winged creatures for their gifts.

After I got home and took a shower, I opened my earring box. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and asked my helping spirits, “Who will I represent today?” I put my hand into the box and pulled out my metal feather earring. I thanked my winged helping spirits as I put the earring on.

Our dog stood by the front door barking, as I walked down the stairs. I went to the front door to see what made Ginger bark. I saw Denise crouching near the ground, under the camellia tree, holding something in her hand. I opened the front door and stepped out. She turned her head very slowly. “I have a bird,” she whispered. She told me that the bird had crashed into our glass front door. 

I stood behind her and shape-shifted into something less frightening than a human. I called on Mother Earth to move through me to bring healing to the little winged creature in Denise’s hand. Denise took great care in standing up and moving into the sunshine. She sat down on the grass. I walked slowly and stood next to her. I drew healing energy from Mother Earth through me and directed it to the little gray bundle in Denise’s hand.

The little brownish gray bird blinked. The top of his head sported a brushstroke of reddish brown. His wings glistened with a splash of iridescent green on their sides. He turned his head to the left to look at Denise and then lifted it higher to look at me. He turned his head to the right and stared at Denise and then at me. He blinked again a few more times. He seemed content to sit and get his bearings.

I continued to hold sacred space while feeding healing energy from Mother Earth to the little winged creature. The sun warmed our backs. Denise moved her hand into the sunshine. The bird’s colorful highlights shone more clearly. The little bird opened his beak, turned his head back and forth, and attempted to move its wings. It rested a moment and then he flew into the nearby hedge under our elm tree.

I wished the little winged earthling well. I thanked the helping spirits. Denise stood up and gave me a heartfelt gaze with her beautiful blue eyes.
“That was a sacred moment,” she said.

No comments: