Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Brilliance

I have discovered a new brilliance within myself, well, actually ON myself. Many of you have extolled the charm of my "glowing" personality. I have discovered a way to make my "halo" manifest itself physically, such that I can put it to practical use. I excitedly told my beloved about my "brilliant" discovery, but to my dismay, she pooh poohed my exuberance. I made the humble request that she follow me down, slowly, step by step, into the depths of our basement. She acquiesced. Our basement is illuminated with two spot lights. Such lighting is dismal. I stood before the pantry shelves, with my head just in front of the spot light. I asked my beloved to watch the products on the shelves as I moved my head back slightly behind the light fixture. To her utter surprise and amazement, she burst out laughing as the light reflected off my shiny head and illuminated all of the shelves. Her hysterical laughter tripped her as she attempted to walk up the stairs. My "brilliance" kept her laughing so hard that she nearly fell out of her chair once she had poured herself back into it. By now my litter of children were transfixed by my beloved's laughter and they just had to see for themselves. They queried of themselves, "What could Papa have done to put Mama is such a jocular mood?" So as to educate my charges in the ways of physical comedy, I introduced them, as well, to my new found brilliance. Celeste laughed so hard, we thought she might pee in her pants.

Love Mushroom, the Brilliant

No comments: