Thursday, March 08, 2018

Delightfully WILD



Delightfully Wild
I was tamed
From being wild
When I was just a mere child.
I was framed
Into a box
Labeled, Good Boy.
I was not so much a boy,
As a trophy to be displayed.
And even when I played,
I had to look presentable,
With clean clothes,
And polished shoes,
That I dare not lose
When I played in the dirt.
I was tamed with a belt
That would leave a welt
But not as deep
As the curse of shame
That forced me to cast blame
Upon my very own self.
But when I got down
On my hands and knees,
Mother Earth would whisper,
“Do as you please,
Run and shout,
All about,
Without care or worry.
And please don’t hurry
As you explore the wonder
That is ME,
Beneath your feet.
Disregard what you think,
Those others might think,
When you are happy and wild,
Radiating the joy of your inner child,
That refuses to be meek and mild,
When there is dancing to be done.
Don’t always behave.
Or you’ll become a slave
To the disparaging thoughts of others.
Being naughty, from time to time,
Will save your sanity,
With a little self-indulgent vanity,
That makes your smile beautiful.
Please try to remember
That you are Mother Earth’s child,
Created to be joy filled and
Delightfully WILD.


No comments: