Monday, November 21, 2011

I Am

We become what we repeatedly say we are. Our "I am" statement re-creates who we are each day.
Expressing gratitude helps define our daily “I am” statement.
Gratitude for what we have helps us to see how blessed we really are.


Every morning, I say the following prayer. I may modify it slightly, according to circumstance and need. Some of my friends have asked me to share it. You may use it, modify it and share it as you wish.


Mushroom's Morning Prayer


Good Morning, Creator of all that there is, Creator of me.
Thank you for my awareness, Thank you for my life.


Thank you Spirits of the East, awakener of the day. Come and awaken all that is wonderful within me today. Help me be a blessing.
Thank you air spirit, giver of life. Thank you for my ability to speak, to sing, to hear music, and to smell. Help my words to be loving words, healing words and wise words.


Thank you Spirits of the South, spirits of all the plants and animals that feed me and inspire me. Thank you cow, pig, lamb, chicken and turkey. Thank of your giving me your life. Thank you rice, wheat, tomato, beans, corn and broccoli. Thank you for giving me your life.
Thank you body spirits, thank you heart, lungs, bones and muscles. Come and help my physical presence to be a blessing presence.


Thank you Spirits of the West, water spirit, salmon spirit, water snake, trout, dolphin, whale, clam and sea weed. Thank your for your life energy. Come and help me be fluid and flexible in my dealings with people and with my self. Come and help me be a blessing.


Thank you Spirits of the North, Fire spirit, mountain spirits, spirit of music and creativity. Come fire spirit, come and fill me with energy and power. Fill me with love and laughter so that I may be a blessing.


Thank you Father Sky, protector of the earth, spreader of the light, bringer of the sun, the rain, the snow and the wind. Come and help me be an enlightened being. Help me be a blessing to all those I meet.


Thank you Mother Earth, grower of all things, grower of me.
Come and help me be your steward, help me be a blessing to all of your children. Help me to be nurturing and loving.


Thank you spirit of my center, spirit of my core, spirit of who I truly am. Come and help me be a blessing to all those I meet.


I am a blessing.

No comments: