Tuesday, May 17, 2011

April Fool's Day Flood

On April Fool's Day my son called me to tell me that our basement flooded.  I was hoping it was an April Fool's joke.  Nope.  I hired a concrete core drilling company to bore a hole into the foundation to ensure that the basement won't flood again.
 This is what we found in the crawl space next to the flooded basement.
 Core drilling a hole into the foundation should do the trick.
 My dilemma was determining how far to dig so that the hole in the foundation wall was lower than the basement floor.
 We put that pipe in that trench and covered it up, again.
I owe a great thank you to Mark for all the help he provided me.  He crawled under the house, , with me, and helped to replace the sump pump.  
The water was sooooooo cold.
He even picked me up at the airport and presented me with a Coca Cola.  Thanks, Mark.

No comments: