Friday, June 05, 2009

Morning Sun Beams

I awoke this morning to the sweet warmth of the sun beams tenderly kissing my face as they slithered through the window blinds. “Awaken to a new day, Brother Mushroom”, they whispered. “You are safe, you are loved, you too will shine today. Awaken to a new day, Brother Mushroom. Awaken and continue to be a blessing to all those you meet today.
One of my first thoughts was, “Hey, I'm not on the ship.” During the Viet Nam war, it was so delightful to wake up knowing I was not on the ship. The ship had no windows in the berthing compartments (sleeping rooms). When the sun shine woke me up, I delightfully knew I was out of harm's way, far away from the guns, the rockets and the killing.
I am grateful for the sweet gift that I received this morning from Brother Sun.

No comments: