Friday, October 27, 2006

Jeremy Visited Us


23 October 1992 is the night that Jeremy died. Every now and then he lets us know that he is still around. The first 23 October after he died, all of the exterior locks on our house broke. The second year, one light bulb in each room of the house burned out. The 3rd year, Denise caught on fire while she was barbecuing. and she was unharmed. This year, I found two of the missing California flags under a photograph of me feeding Jeremy an ice cream cone when he was about 18 months old. We display the flags of the states or countries in which we were born in our front room. Jeremy was born in California. Orlando and I were born in New Mexico, Denise was born in Wyoming, Bonnie was born in South Korea and Celeste was born in Siberia. (Russia). We bought a California flag, years ago and lost it. A few years went buy and I bought another one and lost it too. Last year we bought the 3rd one and I hung it right away. So having the two missing flags show up under his photograph is, for me, a sign from Jeremy just saying hi.

No comments: